Evolution of DLT and how can one register on DLT platform ?
According to the new guidelines released by TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) for the Bulk SMS Service Industry. It has become integral for the companies to introduce DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) - a block-chain based registration system that will maintain the record of all transactions made by business entities. The primary reason for undertaking such changes in the norms and regulation of TRAI is to ensure transparency in the system, eradicate the menace of SMS spam and safeguard the consumers from becoming victims to any fraudulent practices.
As per the new regulations, TRAI has made it mandatory for all businesses involved in providing Bulk SMS services (promotional or transactional or OTP) to their clients, to register their business entity, sender IDs, and SMS templates on DLT platforms. DLT platforms are operator-run portals such as Airtel, Videocon, Vodafone, Jio, BSNL, where businesses need to register by giving their business details.
How to register on the DLT platform?
Enterprises can register themselves with the DLT platform, following the below mentioned steps;
- Visit the DLT Platform
- Sign-in by choosing as an enterprise
- Enter your Business PAN details
- Enter the email address and password you would use to log-in in future
- Wait for OTP verification
- Verify your business Email by clicking on the link sent to your mailbox
- Once you have completed the sign-up process. Please login to the portal
- Complete the form with the required details and documents
- Pay the registration fee (Please note – For now, the registration fee is INR 0)
- Once the registration process is completed, a temporary registration number will be generated
- Your account will be activated in 48 hours, post review of the submitted documents
- Once your account is activated, you can log in on the DLT panel with your credentials
Required Documentation for the DLT registration:
- Proof of Identity – PAN Card (Business PAN card)
- Proof of Address – GST Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation, TAN Certificate, FSSAI License, Import/Export Registration Certificate
- Letter of Authorization
We can hope that this initiative taken up by TRAI proves to be a prosperous endeavor and helps us curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) and also enhances mobile subscriber privacy.